2001 Ford F150 Rear Wiring Diagram
If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to help support FordF150.net!
Looking for recent topics?
In need of wiring diagram for brake lights for a 2001 F150SC
- Rick2001
- New Member
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:47 am
- Location: Florida
- My Truck Mods
- Contact:
In need of wiring diagram for brake lights for a 2001 F150SC
If anyone can provide me with a source for a wiring diagram it would be greatly appreciated.
My two rear brake lights do not work!
my center brake light does.
My Hazard flashers work!
My Running Lights work!
my fuses are all good!
My bulbs are all good
Checked the Brake pedal Brake switch -- it is good?
I am totally baffeled at this point!
I wish Fxxxing Ford new how to wire a car!!!
My Lexus would never have these problems!!
If Lexus ever comes out with a Pickup -- I am buying it!I dont care if it costs $10,000 more!!
And yes I know that Toyota make Lexus and Toyota has a truck!!
Thanks for any help you can offer!
Rick
- RkyMtnHi
- Hardcore Ford Truck Fanatic
- Posts: 4596
- Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:58 pm
- Truck: 1999 F-150 4X4 -5.4
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- My Truck Mods
Post by RkyMtnHi »
The Haynes manual for my '99 has a good wiring schematic in the back.
You might pick up one for your 2001.
- Rick2001
- New Member
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:47 am
- Location: Florida
- My Truck Mods
- Contact:
Thanks!
Post by Rick2001 »
I already tried that to no avial -- it didnt have one for my truck -- seemed to cover F150 -F350 in general with no specific schematic for the brake light wiring.
Thanks anyway!
Rick
-
Steve83
- Hardcore Ford Truck Fanatic
- Posts: 18742
- Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2002 2:19 pm
- Truck: 83 Bronco with major mods
- Location: Memphis, TN
- My Truck Mods
- Contact:
Post by Steve83 »
The problem is the MFS (turn signal). Try working the hazard &/or direction switches repeatedly to clean the contacts. The switch CAN be disassembled & cleaned, but it's a nightmare to reassemble.
The good news is that it's easy to replace, and even if the specific one for your year model is expensive, it's electronically identical to '92-96 MFSs, and they're only ~$20 aftermarket. Look thru these pics. Your column is identical.
.
.
. '99 CV, '94 CV, & two '96 EB Broncos RIP
- Rick2001
- New Member
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:47 am
- Location: Florida
- My Truck Mods
- Contact:
Thanks for your responce! I
Post by Rick2001 »
Thanks for your help! I was able to call upon the assistance of an old High School Buddy that is now a service manager at a GM dealership -- he was able to locate the wiring schematics for me and email them.
I was indeed the MFS -- I ended up taking it apart and found no cause for a problem other than possible oxidation on the contacts so I sanded them down with an emory board and reassembled it .. Turned out to be quite tricky to do but I figured it out.
Reassembled and tested -- works fine now!!
AutoZone quoted me $79.00 for the switch - so it was worth taking it apart to see if I could fix it.
Now lets see how long this repair lasts!
Thanks for your quick responce!
Rick
Steve83 wrote:The problem is the MFS (turn signal). Try working the hazard &/or direction switches repeatedly to clean the contacts. The switch CAN be disassembled & cleaned, but it's a nightmare to reassemble.
The good news is that it's easy to replace, and even if the specific one for your year model is expensive, it's electronically identical to '92-96 MFSs, and they're only ~$20 aftermarket. Look thru these pics. Your column is identical.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests
Source: https://www.fordf150.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=38684
Posted by: charleshishencon2.blogspot.com
Posting Komentar untuk "2001 Ford F150 Rear Wiring Diagram"